Friday, May 05, 2006

ABERGLAUBEN - from Gutfeeling

Negative superstition reinforces bad luck!
-Peter Urs Bender

Aberglauben is the German word that means ‘superstition’. Be careful what you wish for. Your wish might be granted!

I have also read that you become the thing you most think about. However, I must say that is not always true because during the early part of my life I thought mainly about women…

I don’t believe in superstition. Except on Friday the 13th, which is my lucky day And I’m careful what I wish for. Also, I never walk under ladders. Something might fall on me!

Actually, what I do believe is that you should be superstitious, if it brings you luck! Superstition, seen in that light, is your spirit talking to yourself. I like to think of it as your subconscious talking to your conscious, and telling you to ‘be careful’. I also like to think of it as your unconscious talking to your conscious and telling you to ‘take a chance’.

Thought of in that way, Aberglauben is a positive force. It’s a great way of putting you in touch with your own spirit. We all get a little superstitious from time to time. Even if we don’t believe in it with all our hearts.

Excerpt from Gutfeeling
Author, Peter Urs Bender

No comments: