Friday, March 09, 2007

Peter Urs Bender

My dear friend, Peter Urs Bender, died two years ago.

He was my mentor.
He encouraged me to develop my business. He introduced me to people, ideas and shortcuts. He allowed me to piggyback on his name and reputation.

He was my co-author.
He pushed me to write my first book with him. He often chided me – but never criticized me.

He was my friend.
He offered me his wisdom, encouragement and confidence. I can never thank him enough for what he did for me. He did so much.

He was an inspiration.
I am very sad to loose him. I am very happy to have known him. I am lucky that he took an interest in me.

He died too earlier. He was 60. Cancer slew him. I expected that he would be around for a lot longer. He completed 19 marathons. How can one so healthy die so early? I think I did not thank him enough.

No comments: